Monday, July 28, 2008

YES PEOPLE!!! The raspberries are here!!!



In other news...









My sis (nice neck tendons by the way) threw one rockin party! It was a blast, complete with water ballon fights, hula hoop contests, egg in a spoon and 3 legged races. I love how much fun our family is, and that we don't just sit around sipping coffee and chit chatting about fluff (although it's fun when we do that too, like the other night my sis and I went out for nachos with my mom and aunt, and laughed our bums off about the time my mom found her panties on the road, and the time my sis tripped on her feet on stage in front of tons of people at my cousins wedding)



My poor son was out of sorts all evening. I'm not sure if it was one too many tumbles on the play structure, too many strangers, new teeth or a combo of all, but had a rough night.

My baby is becoming such a toddler, no more baby :( The other day I found him hiding in his closet, with a stick of glue he found in the craft box, rubbing it all over his face. All I can say is "it starts...." as he is now young and silly enough to do dumb things like putting glue all over his face, but smart enough to hide quietly in his closet. Oy....

So we FINALLY got our new couch to match the matching love seat we've been sitting on for months. We ordered these couches back in March, and have been waiting for the couch since. It was such a wicked sale, that they were put on back order, and the distributor couldn't keep up. But they were indeed worth the wait!

However.... my wonderful, amazing, beautiful and very loved son.... grabbed a pen in the few seconds I wasn't looking, and wrote across every single cushion with a pen.

Yep, ink.

So after I threw him in bed to assure I didn't murder him and make it look like an accident, I went at it with a damp cloth.

Nothing.

Spray and Wash on a Q-tip.

Nothing.

Special cleaner that came with the couch....

Nothing.

On the phone with hubby, freaking out, typical hubby being calm and cool and trying to help me be the same, is suggesting other things to try, as he sifts through Google trying to find what gets ink off leather. He suggests hairspray.

Nothing.

Wife is completely overreacting, and thinking the world is coming to an end, and even if we cash in on the "care package" that we paid extra for, that guarantees us a new couch if ANYTHING goes wrong in the first 5 years (including a son taking a pen to it), I'm thinking, so if we order a new couch now....we'll get it when? Next Janurary?

Hubby now suggests cologne, but says there's a possibility it might change the color of darker leather in the process.

I try....

It's coming off!

Oh wait....

It's leaving a mark!!!!

Me: "Hubby, I'm freaking, I don't think I can handle this job, can you take care of it when you get home? I'm freaking."

Hubby: "Yes I'll handle it when I get home, just leave it."

Wife calms down, and eventually gets the rest of the ink off. Hubby comes home and wife is unable to show him the marks that she swears are there and swears she can see.

She admits there's nothing there, and life goes on.

8 comments:

  1. how come you can click on some of the pics and blow them up and some of them you can't? i can click on daniel's red rasberry mouth to enlarge, but not my neck tendons. I wonder is it because you load some of the pics as large and some as medium?

    yeah, daniel sure had a hard night. in between the falls, the getting hit with the swings and the being scared of strangers talking to him, I think he had a lot of fun!!!!

    you didn't tell me that he hid in the closet to put glue all over his face!!! LOL.....I can just see his super frown as he carefully smears.....and then when he gets caught, no reaction what so ever! no facial expression, just a plain face as you tell him not to do that and even as you wash it off....he just remains sober suds....

    AM I RIGHT???
    DO I KNOW MY NEPHEW????
    HE LOVES ME< HE LOVES ME>>>>>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been real lazy about commenting lately, but I just had to tell you that the way you wrote the ink incident totally made me LAUGH OUT LOUD! thanks for the comic relief ;) Glad the stains came out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post...I can just see it all happening like I'm right there with you. I love it!

    I'm glad that you got the ink off...I would have freaked!!!! Kids hey. I remember when we just got a new vehicle and our daughter was practicing(that was her excuse) writing her B's on one of the armrests with a pen...ya, kids! They sure make life interesting...whether we like it or not!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. daniel is my new desktop with his red mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, NIN..all I can say is I feel your pain in the way of these wonderful boys of ours........Noah has begun this "sneaky, hiding from mommy with markers, etc" as well..I'm glad the couch got clean!! The raspberry picture of Daniel is adorable too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Nin! So, yesterday all they did was draw this graph type thing on my arm, then poke me with a bunch of different little sticks..it's called a scratch test. THen, you sit for about 20 minutes and whichever parts of the graph have raised red bumps are the ones you are allergic to.....so they can tell you right away....for me when I eat almonds/am in contact I get hives all over my body, and this last time something happened my lips swelled up and it was difficult breathing. Kind of scary..it seems to have gotten progressively worse..thus the epipen. What do u think you are allergic to>??

    ReplyDelete
  7. so lani said that she knew that song...."soon and very soon, i said soon and very soon..."

    she wants to know if she gets a prize?!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, we've all been there, in your well written picture.

    ReplyDelete