(Stolen from Janelle)
1. I've come to realize that my butt: is something my husband likes to check out, and I need to let him more often. Instead of running away or saying "Chriiiiiiiiiiis! Dooooonnnnnnnn't!"
2. I've come to realize that when I talk: it's hard for me to stop.
3. I've come to realize that I need: to stop drinking so much coffee and drink more water.
4. I've come to realize that I've lost: all creativity in regards to thinking of a good answer to this question.
5. I've come to realize that I hate it when: I hurt myself by doing something dumb like stubbing my toe (re: picture of purple toe a couple posts back) It's the only time a bad word slips through my lips, although I'm working on a new made-up 'swear language', just like a 'prayer language', only......not.
6. I've come to realize that I have a crush on: my husband, still. :)
7. I've come to realize that the last time I cried was: a few days ago, must be an off-week, I usually cry everyday.
8. I've come to realize that my cell phone is: not mine, and I need to stop draining my hubby's battery by texting people I could easily just call.
9. I've come to realize that when I wake up in the morning: I NEED coffee, or I'm in for a super rank headache. Although this is no new realization.
10. I've come to realize that before I go to sleep at night I: pick my nose. I hate the whistling sound my nostrils make when there's boogers in there.
11. I've come to realize that when I get on Facebook: facebook doesn't exist to me, please don't ask me evil questions.
12. I've come to realize that today I will: go to the Fun Factory, go shopping, take my girl to a birthday party, have a workout with my hubby, and be happy and nice.
13. I've come to realize that I really want to: be healthy.
14. I've come to realize love: does not make the world go 'round, it seems to spin either way.
15. I've come to realize my best guy friend: is the man I married.
16. I've come to realize my best girl friend: is down the street.
What have you realized lately?
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert, and always keep on praying for all the saints."
God calls us to pray. He says pray on all occasions with all kinds of requests. He also says to be alert, so that when His Spirit prompts us to intercede for another saint, we are ready and willing.
I was deeply encouraged on Valentine's Day. Not because it was Valentine's Day, (this was actually the first year my husband and I celebrated it) but because I received a special phone call.
My son has not been sleeping through the night. Without going into all the detail of the obvious annoyance this has been, it's been a battle we've been fruitlessly fighting for a while now. I was sharing this with Heather on msn, and as those of you who keep up with her blog know, she was able to sympathize greatly. She asked if she could call me that morning.
Here I thought she might have some great ideas for me to try, or maybe she would just listen to me vent my frustration on never getting an uninterupted nights sleep, but she did something that shouldn't have surprised me, but did.
She prayed. She prayed for my son. She prayed for me. She prayed for my husband and my daughter. She went on to pray for our Valentine's supper we had planned, and the spiritual atmosphere of my home. She prayed, and then she said good-bye.
I walked away from that phone call feeling so completely blessed. Blessed that I have found such an amazing friend. Blessed that God spoke directly to my heart on a morning where I needed to be reminded that He loves me. Blessed that a sister stepped out in boldness and confidence to obey her calling in the Lord, and convict me by her walk to do the same.
God asks us to pray, on all occasions. Sometimes, He specifically asks us to pray for a specific person at a specific time in a specific way. When we step out in faith, He blesses us, and those we pray for.
My son has NOT woken up ONCE since Valentine's Day.
Thank-you Lord, and thank-you Heather.
You are loved.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Whattchu talkin' about Willis?
'Grade A' table manners in practice
Please disregard the lack of toenail, and focus more on the pretty colors
High on life, and chocolate
More amazing table manners that would make any parent proud
Do I have something in my teeth?
Saturday, February 02, 2008
I'm supposed to be working, but I'm taking a break, because I'm a HORRIBLE worker. My hubby left me on my own to get a job done, and I told him not to leave me. I told him I needed direction and someone looking over my shoulder to make sure I'm getting it done. I told him that I might get distracted, and that I might end up on the computer.....did he listen? no.
So here I am, feeling like I DO NOT want to finish the ENORMOUS job we have started. I'll tell you all about it later, when it's done and there's hope and joy in me again.
Until then.... shhhh! I wasn't here....