Sunday, April 22, 2007
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
2. My little guy is not so little. He eats two jars of baby food plus cereal a day. He will officially be 7 months on Thursday!
3. I'm finally at pre-pregnancy weight and it feels great! Shopping is fun again! and just in time for summer fashion! Although I'm not a huge fan of the 80's comeback, and I refuse to wear skin tight jeans, big plastic belts and high heels.
4. Seems my hubby and I have been distracted these days, and have lost our objective. But God has been faithful in reminding us, and giving us the grace to walk it out. We are getting together for coffee with my daughters other parents, to continue planting seeds, and building what the Lord has started. Pray as you feel led.
5. My hubby's aunt and uncle from Edmonton are coming in for a short visit this weekend. I'm super excited to see them, for them to meet our big boy and see our new house. They are amazing people, their generosity and servant hearts are something my hubby and I look up to.
They've taken us into their home numerous times, and each time they blow us away with their hospitality.
6. We have someone working in our basement doing the mudding and taping for us. It's so exciting to see this basement finally come together. My hubby has done such an amazing job at getting most of the work done himself, and saving us a ton of money. But he's no mudder and taper, so enter in: outside help. Hopefully these next stages can pass by quickly so we can get out tv and computer back downstairs. My hubby wasn't able to get the internet working up here, so I can only get on here on my hubby's laptop when he's home. I'm going through withdrawls!
Anyways, this is all the time updating time I have. Be blessed, God is good.
Thursday, April 12, 2007
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
As I go to the Word I'm reminded that God never changes. He is the same yesterday today and forever, and as He's been faithful in the past, He will also be faithful today. I'm encouraged today with the story of Jacob.
Jacob's name means "the one who takes by the heel." Jacob grasped his brothers heel coming out of the womb. Just as we grasp our own self-seeking agenda and will, so did Jacob. But God loved Jacob! How amazing that He used such a deceitful person to continue the process of redemption! And as the Lord transformed Jacob, He gave him a new name, Israel, which means "let God rule!"
The fact that God can transform a self-seeking and self-interested person and change him into a world-changer is my only hope. He alone can unclasp my human grasp, and replace it with a faithful grip on the knife He's given me to raise. Will He send a lamb just in time? I believe that He will. It may not appear in ways I expect, but I can trust that it is good, and very sufficient.
Sunday, April 08, 2007
Thursday, April 05, 2007
On another note.....We're going to my mother-in-laws for Easter supper tonight. I'm looking forward to relaxing with my other family and being blessed by them. It's amazing how different mine and my hubby's families are. I appreciate their differences, and all that I can learn from them. I AM BLESSED!
My not-so-little one is away this weekend with her dad, then back on Sunday morning for church. Am hoping to enjoy a relaxing weekend with my boys. : )
Wednesday I'm off to the salon with my sis-in-law to get my hair done! I can't tell you what I'm doing......cuz I have no idea! So stay tuned and I'll post a pic of the finished product. But I'm so excited, I haven't had my hair done in like a year, not counting the times in between that I did it myself, cuz that doesn't count. ;)
May this weekend remind us all of the sacrifice that was paid for us IN FULL, and the NEW LIFE that we find in JESUS!
Be blessed, God is Good!
Tuesday, April 03, 2007