Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My prayer today

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change
the courage to change the things I can
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Growing up in a family of addicts, myself included, I've heard, read, seen, recited, and shared this prayer more times that I could count. For whatever reason, God placed this prayer on my heart this morning, and asked me to really meditate on it.
Serenity:
A state of calm, stress-free peace.
Undisturbed, unclouded.
Courage:
Facing danger, difficulty and pain without fear.
Confidence, bravery.
Wisdom:
Knowledge of what is true or right, accompanied with just judgement, disernment, and action.
Understanding.
God, give me your peace which passes all understanding, to fully accept and embrace your plan, your ways, your direction.... By your Spirit, grace and power, give me all that I need to approach the throne of grace with confidence, believing that You who began a good work in my will carry it out to completion, that by your grace, I can walk in righteousness and truth.... God give me not a worldy wisdom, but a wisdom by your grace that comes with understanding and revelation, that I could grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.
Amen.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:32 PM

    Wow this is a beautiful post Nin! Thanks for sharing it!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just reciting this yesterday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. um...are you in my head?
    i needed this today.
    thank you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nin, you're so FUN, I too needed this today, wonderful how God works in you and you ever ettentive to His voice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A classic prayer, but one of real depth and one that I still say every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks. I needed this today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was an encouragement to me today. Thanks for posting it.

    -tina

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could totally take that last prayer and put it on my blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete