Wednesday, March 01, 2006

True friends stab you in the front.

A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they're not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they're not so bad.

The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.

When I look back at the friendships I've had in the past, I wonder how on earth I ever got through highschool. Oh yeah, I didn't.

Surfaced friends, who would take great pleasure in getting in trouble with me, but would never care enough to tell me to smaten up when I needed to. A lot of my friends watched me hurt myself, over and over, but never asked me how I was. I was always surrounded by people, but I was always alone.

When I see the friends God has blessed me with today, I am overwhelmed. What could I have possibly ever done to deserve the abundant blessings I find in my friendships. It is the love of Christ Jesus that binds our hearts together, and it's His mercy and forgiveness that keeps us alive. A real friend asks how you are, and then waits for the answer. A real friend gets in your way when they see you heading down. A real friend knows who you are, and still loves you! I love that my friends will correct me when I'm off track, and encourage me when I'm on the right one. I love that my friends love me too much to watch me hurt myself, to watch me sin, or to watch me sink into doubt. I need all of you. I need your correction, even when it hurts, I need your wisdom and your encouragement, I need your laughs and your prayers. Blessings, thank God for your friends today :)

3 comments:

  1. Great post....you are right! Good friends are hard to come by and when you find them......well you just appreciated them so much more!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post. I never have to explain myself to my friends, they accept me and love me for who I am. My best friend has been there for me through the good times and all the bad times. She's been a constant in my life and I am blessed that we have this undeniable bond. Hooray for friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're a sweetheart and i wish our schedules allowed us to hang out more. soon once the babies start coming, i think it will happen more! we can have play dates...ha ha!! (how weird)

    i feel blessed to know you!

    ReplyDelete