Friday, March 24, 2006

sleeping in a whole new world....

I'm now pregnant enough to be getting up at 3 am for a middle of the night milk craving and a quick pee. My hubby and I decided that once I started getting up regularly that we would switch sleeping sides on our bed, as he's closer to the door. So last night was our first trial run, and neither of us got any sleep. I must have knocked the night stand 3 or 4 times with my hand, and he kept rolling waaaaaay over to what was clearly "my space". At one point he wrapped his big long leg around me like I was his body pillow. I quickly shoved him off and replied with a very non-cuddly HEY!!! He takes his leg off and says, well sweetie, can you move over please? I look over my side, and I'm on the seam of the mattress. Move over where? Yeesh....
However, how nice is it to have a hubby who still uses his best manners at 3 am.

7 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how we become accustomed to sides of the bed! Scott and I cannot sleep on a different side of the bed. Also he knows if I steal his good pillow.
    Do you ever have it where you're sleeping and you both wake up and you're staring at each other!! That's freaky stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh the 3 a.m run to the bathroom and cravings......I remember those...we got a King sized bed because my hubby punches me in his sleep......I told him that if we didn't get a king sized bed to aleiviate some of that, that I would start punching him back...man I hate waking up like that....it's such a rude awakening!I keep saying to Barry that he must have some pent up resentment toward me because of the way he punches me....he swears that he doesn't...Oh well.....I thank God every day for my king sized bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had to buy seperate twin sized comforters, because my hubby wouldn't stop stealing all the blankets in the middle of the night. If there's something that ranks up there with being punched, it's waking up freezing.
    (glad to hear you're sleeping violence free) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I tried that once, it wasn't very uncomfortable. I like to sleep facing away from him for the most part. I don't like him or anyone else breathing in my face while I sleep. So when we changed sides, I was facing him most of the time and would find him breathing in my direction, which as with most people who are sleeping, isn't a "pleasant thing".

    The middle of the night pee's, I still have them, and I'm not pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness i remember that! and i actually kinda miss it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I meant it was very uncomfortable! Just to clarify!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol, I figured that's what you meant, I've never heard anyone say that changing sides is easy.

    ReplyDelete