Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Sometimes you have to SLAP them in the face just to get their attention!

"Grace, we're indivisible. If you can't work late, then I can't work late. And if I can't work late, I CAN'T WORK LATE."
-Frank Cross Scrooged
Everyday is a new slap in the face, a new revelation. It hurts, and certain parts of my face are feeling raw, but God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. (2Corinthians 9:8). I keep being brought back to a place of peace, in knowing that God loves me soooooooo much, that He cares more about my character than my comfort. He sees my potential, and out of love, He is taking me there.
When we step outside of God's grace, and into our own strength, everything around us starts to slowly fall apart. It's subtle, and usually takes a while to realize all that you have been working so hard in building is crumbling before you eyes, and there's nothing you can do to save it. So here I am, standing in whats left of the rubble, having no other place to look but up. Realizing that if I do not tap into God's abounding grace, I CAN'T WORK LATE!
I am ok with being here, I know why I am here. You cannot go with God and remain where you are!! I have been trying to shortcut the desert time, which has led me to cul-de-sacs, which has forced me to revisit lessons you was meant to learn. Here I've been wondering why I fell on my face when my foundation was shaken, because I'm having to relearn baby steps! "If My people would but listen to Me, if Israel would follow My ways, how quickly would I subdue their enemies and turn My hand against their foes!" (Ps. 81:13-14)
I am ready for the storm....

2 comments:

  1. Stranded in the middle of a hurricane
    I've got an umbrella but nowhere to stay
    Do I give up now? Do I face the cold?
    I better get some bowling
    Looking to my left I see you coming
    I'm alone and I'm scared and it's heading my way
    Do I run? Do I hide? Do I dare close my eyes
    Do I face the fear inside?

    Time after time, Lord I'll keep running back to you
    Keep running back to you
    I realize this time that I'll be fine

    Even if the stars fell like rain
    Even if tomorrow never came
    Even if the world and ocean crumble
    Nothing's gonna stand in my way
    Even if the sun left the sky
    And even if these tears never dry
    Even if the mountains fall and tumble
    If what's left of me is taken
    I will not be shaken

    Landed in the middle of a desert
    And I'm wondering why it keeps me alive
    When the water I drink and the air that I breathe is dry

    Time after time, Lord I'll keep running back to you
    Keep running back to you
    I realize this time that I'll be fine

    Even if the top is bright
    I'm gonna be alright
    The world has fell and change
    But you'll always stay the same

    You give me change
    You give me hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way,
    CLASSIC QUOTE from scrooged!!!

    now CLOSE your eyes.....and think...
    LOL

    ReplyDelete