Friday, November 25, 2005

God's yoke? SOLD! To the lady covered in sin!

I walked a mile with Pleasure,
She chattered all the way,
But left me none the wiser
For all she had to say.
I walked a mile with Sorrow,
And ne'er a word said she,
But, oh, the things I learned from her
When Sorrow walked with me!
Gasp! Help! I'm being tested right left and center on what I last posted. Suddenly it's become a little difficult to remain in the eye of my hurricane. I'm looking back over the last few months or so, and God has been so amazing to me. He's broken off spiritual strongholds, released gifts in me, healed my spirit, re-sealed my heart, all in a matter of months! Let me tell you, it's been a ride! But I guess in my humanness and self-absorption, I developed some pride. I looked down one day and found that I had secretly built a small little pedestal under my feet. Well God, in His love and mercy, gently kicked that pedestal right from under me. I've fallen off, into a muddy puddle, and I seem to have scraped my knees. I'm recognizing, only to the degree that my human mind can withstand, that I am a dirty rotten sinner, in desperate need of Him. That it is only by His grace and mercy that I am even here today. That it only takes one moment of turning my eyes away from my Father, to make me susceptible to the enemy's use, to steal kill and destroy. It has been an awful reality check to see that I have been trying to steal from my brothers and sisters, kill joy, and destroy unity. Thank you Lord for your amazing grace!
Amazing grace,
How sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me,
I once was lost,
But now I'm found,
Was blind but now I see...........
I want to be overflowing with gratefulness, for where the Lord has me. I want to be thankful for all that I was priveledeged to taste and see in the season of growth and flurishment. And I also want to be thankful for where I am now, in a place of pruning and character adjusting. I know that God is here, that He has brought me here, that He has plans and purposes for me here, and that He will never leave me here. I'm thankful that He is so kind to remove me from my pedestal, because the responsibilities of being my own god are way more than I can handle. Whenever I would hear the verse that talks about taking on His yoke, I got the general idea, but I never knew what a "yoke" was.
Yoke: A frame designed to be carried across a person's shoulders with equal loads suspended from each end.
Wow, isn't that neat? God's load is equal on either side, so that it will never bear us down. His burden is easy and light, with equal loads on either side, to provide balance and stability. Looks good to me, how much? Free?? I'll take it!

3 comments:

  1. wow!!! that is absoultly amazing! I am overwhelmed with the truth in your honesty, vulnerability and repentance. I am in awe of God's moving and grace and mercy in your life. Alot of people have been encouraging me in being honest and real with everyone. This post is I think what I've been hearing about. I am so touched, encouraged and challenged by YOUR testimony of repentance.
    You know, God rocks, cause no matter whatyou're going through, there's always that peace behind it all. Even though there is some pain through the pruning, you still feel safe in the arms of the father.
    You know it s for you own good. Your analogy of the little mud puddle is so funny, cuase it's so true. Your knees will heal soon and the slash of mud of your face is being tended and cleaned as I write this. I can't believe the God we serve. I am overwhelmed at who He is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant splash of mud, not slash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definately have challenged me...I know that God has been doing exactly the same thing in my life. Removing barriers that stop me being who he wants me to be....this is how he keeps us coming back to him for the answers to the questions.....it keeps us relying on him with the answers.
    God loves us soo much....
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete