Monday, September 07, 2009

Oh you'd better not shout,
you'd better not cry,
you'd better not pout I'm telling you why,
?Jesus? is coming to town.

He's making a list,
and checking it twice,
He's gonna find out who's naughty or nice,
?Jesus? is coming to town.

He sees you when you're sleeping,
He knows when you're awake,
He knows if you've been bad or good
SO BE GOOD FOR GOODNESS SAKE!


If this is the King we really serve, I say,
He's not worth serving.
It's sad how many of us actually see our savior as a mean old santa, who will punish us if we're bad, and reward us if we're good. None of us can make the cut. NONE.


Who does Jesus say He REALLY is?

7 comments:

  1. i agree, and agree....

    Don't think that's our God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard this from a sermon/talk that John Lynch gave somewhere. Did you listen to it? I think it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Carol I haven't, never heard of John Lynch either.
    But it sure is neat that God speaks the same things to many, His heart for us is the same ; )
    I'd be interested in hearing that though. Maybe you could email me a link or something?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, that was me obviously :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. What brought on that Christmas rendition?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.” John 10:11

    I hardly see Santa doing this...

    ReplyDelete