Friday, September 09, 2005

I'm not stayin.....

"You cannot go with God and remain where you are."
You mean to say, something is actually required of me to follow God?
Do not try to shortcut the desert time, it only leads to cul-de-sacs, which force you to revisit the lessons you are meant to learn. You can either decide you don't need the desert, maybe you have too much pride to admit you have no idea what you're doing. Or, you can decide to give up, and refuse it, maybe you think you've had your share of suffering. Or, you can decide to accept it, to embrace it. God often keeps us in these places until we accept it anyway......
"If My people would but listen to Me, if Israel would follow My ways, how quickly would I subdue their enemies and turn My hand against their foes!" (Ps. 81:13-14)

Incase you're wondering, I'm speaking to myself. There have been lessons God has been trying to teach me, that I don't seem to be getting. But yesterday I put a stake in the ground. I decided to give it all back to the Lord, and to choose His peace, despite what may be happening around me. I want to go with God, so I'm not staying here......

1 comment:

  1. good one!
    a little truth goes a long way!
    my heart agrees with you and want to go with Him too.

    the culdesacs thing is so true. You can run from the fire right in front of you....if you're smart enough to circumvent it, but God's smarter and cares too much about us to miss our lessons in character. His purposes are too great to lay aside cause we are prideful and chicken. His ways will be done. So like the fire or not, you will be burned.
    Unless of course you choose to harden your heart....which would be an awful place to be! And I pray often that God keeps my heart soft.
    THANK YOU GOD!

    ReplyDelete